When we live Gospel
Princeiples we choose the right. A gospel principle is something heavenly
father wants us to do or to not do. Some
examples of gospel principles are praying, going to church, paying tithing,
reading the scriptures, being nice to others, serving each other, not saying
bad things about others, and trying to not fighting with our brothers, sisters,
or parents.
One gospel
principle I am trying to live is to read the scriptures. I am trying to read
the Book of Mormon and its Scripture reader before I get baptized after my
birthday next month. I have learned
about many people in the Book of Mormon. People like Lehi, Nephi, Lamen,
Lemual, Ishmael’s daughters, Nephites, Lamenites, King Benjamin, Zorem, Mormon,
Joseph Smith, and many others.
I learned a lot
from King Benjamin and Zorem. Zorem led
a group of Nephites to live near the Lamenites.
Living near the Lamenites was hard. The Lamenites attacked the nephrites
a lot. They had to always defend themselves and were made slaves by the Lamenites.
From Zorem I learned that we shouldn’t surround ourselves with meanness or
people that would try to convince us to do bad things. They could make us do
bad things or be mean. When we do bad Satan makes us HIS slaves. Just like the
Zoremites.
King Benjamin was
a different kind of leader. He didn’t lead his people to live near trouble.
King Benjamin served his people. He worked just like his people did. He tried
to teach them to love and help each other by being a good example. He built a
tower and taught his people to love and follow Heavenly Father and Jesus
Christ. Even now I can try to follow
what King Benjamin taught. I can try to be an example and a leader by serving
other people.
So by living the
gospel principle of reading the scriptures I have learned more about what
heavenly father wants me to do. It helps me to be a good example and to not be
around mean or bad people. It also helps me to get ready to be baptized, even
though I am still scared. We can all Choose the Right and live gospel principles.
No comments:
Post a Comment